Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Distributors

Who's says today's youth are lazy?  Well, if you think that, then wake the fuck up because I'm about to introduce you to three young people that are working very hard to realize their dream!  The Distributors are a cool trio out of Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada that are making music fans stand up and take notice.

Don't let their age fool you!  Kaylie (bass and vocals), Brett (guitar and vocals) and Austin (drums and keeper of the beat) are old souls.  These young talents have artistically blended the sounds of their idols and musical influences with a modern blues sound to make something completely new and original!

I am thrilled to share their sound with you.....check it out!

IN COLOR


Not only do these young uns have talent....they also have a sense a community.  They often play charity events because - get this - they like the thought of helping those in need!  But you know what the best fucking part is?  They're local!  I can't wait to check out one of their shows! Having received rave reviews at Nanaimo's recent blues festival, I know I won't be disappointed!

Thank you Mike Lang (twitter's @TheeMikeLang and my favorite DJ at my favorite local radio station, 106.9 The Wolf) for tweeting me these great young musicians....and for playing them on Fresh Tracks!  I have a sneaking suspicion that you and the station will be playing more and more of The Distributors in the years to come......... ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment